Education and training: Marianne has undertaken extensive training during her three year post-graduate Diploma course at the Northern College of Acupuncture in York (validated by the University of Wales). Marianne achieved distinctions for a number of her in-depth studies throughout the course, on areas including menopause and multiple sclerosis. Marianne has also been awarded a Certificate in Acupressure Massage.
Marianne participates in continuing professional development and has attended additional training and seminars on Oriental massage in pregnancy, obstetrics and acupuncture, musculo-skeletal problems and the treatment of psychological problems with acupuncture.
Marianne is a full member of the British Acupuncture Council and is local authority licensed. As a member of the BAcC Marianne conforms to the highest standards of safety and hygiene.
When you choose to visit a BAcC member you can be sure of:
- Extensive training (minimum three years or part-time equivalent), including anatomy, physiology and other appropriate elements of western medicine
- Adherence to the Council’s Codes of Safe Practice and Professional Conduct
- Compliance with current health and safety legislation
- Full professional indemnity and public/products liability insurance cover
- Up-to-date practice skills maintained through individualised continuing professional development
For further information as to why to choose a practitioner who is a member of the BAcC, you can find out more about the BAcC at www.acupuncture.org.uk.
Prior to training as an acupuncturist Marianne worked with asylum seekers and refugees, and from her work with torture victims has developed an interest in the mental/emotional aspect of health and well-being. Marianne has also worked with post civil war communities and AIDS support groups in El Salvador. Marianne lives in Peterborough with her husband and two dogs. In her spare time she enjoys reading, gardening, travel and food.